Learning Community on Inclusive Teaching Begins
June 3, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- This event has passed.
This is a six-week online program that runs concurrently with the asynchronous Teaching & Learning in the Diverse Classroom course. Participants meet weekly via Zoom to discuss how to create and sustain inclusive learning environments. Identify practical, evidence-based strategies appropriate for your discipline and future teaching plans.
Apply by May 29 to participate.
Who may apply?
Graduate students and postdocs at Cornell.
- Dates: June 3 – July 8, 2021
- Meeting times: Thursdays, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT
- Time commitment: Approximately 15-20 hours (6 total hours of virtual meeting time, plus coursework)
- Apply for the learning community here
- You must be enrolled concurrently in the asynchronous online course, Teaching & Learning in the Diverse Classroom.
At the conclusion of this program, you will be able to:
- explain why social identities are salient in teaching and learning
- identify learning strategies that foster inclusion