Inclusive Teaching Support
Cornell University Center for Teaching Innovation:
- How to Respond to Incidents that Impact the Climate in Teaching & Learning
- Building Inclusive Classrooms
- Global Learning
- Universal Design for Learning
Diversity and Inclusion at Cornell University:
In-person Workshops and Training
- Inclusive Teaching Institute for Graduate Students and Postdocs – Annual two-day retreat co-sponsored by Future Faculty and Academic Careers and the Center for Teaching Innovation
- Intergroup Dialogue Project – Both semi-annual short courses and more frequent workshops (graduate courses with sponsorship from Future Faculty and Academic Careers and the Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement)
- GET SET Workshops – offered by the Center for Teaching Innovation
Online Courses and Workshops
Cornell University Center for Teaching Innovation (CTI):
- Equity in STEM for All Genders Course – Analyze gender bias and collaboratively develop approaches to counter gender bias in STEM.
- Diversity in the College Classroom Course – Understand the theory behind how diversity affects learning and develop practical classroom strategies.
- Teaching Inclusively Workshop – Explore the perspectives of underrepresented and minoritized students, and discuss and practice a framework for addressing hot moments and difficult discussions in the classroom.
Reports and Guidebooks
- Faculty Focus Special Report (2017): Diversity and Inclusion in the College Classroom
- University of Michigan Center for Research on Learning and Teaching (2016): Guidelines for Discussing Incidents of Hate, Bias, and Discrimination
- CIRTL Network Guidebook (2007): Reaching All Students A Resource for Teaching in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, Second Edition