NCFDD Webinar: How to Manage Stress, Rejection and the Haters in Your Midst
November 11, 2021 @ 2:00 pm
- This event has passed.
- Are you stressed?
- Do you feel devastated when your articles and/or grant proposals get rejected?
- Is the pressure of publishing/funding your work making you sick?
If any of this sounds familiar and you have difficulty managing the negative energy and rejection in your environment, please join us to learn:
- The impact that stress and negativity can have if they are not managed
- Identify the most common areas of stress in academic life
- Concrete strategies for managing the physical, emotional, and attitudinal effects of stress
Mindi Thompson, PhD, HSP, is a Professor of Counseling Psychology at The University of Wisconsin-Madison and a licensed and registered Health Service Psychologist. She has published more than 35 peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters using qualitative and quantitative methods, has coauthored a research design textbook, and has received national funding to support her research. She directs the Work and Wellness Lab at UW-Madison and is the Academic Director of Faculty Programs for NCFDD. She enjoys deepening relationships with friends and family, traveling, and basking in nature’s beauty.
Free Individual Memberships for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD)
Available to all Cornell students, postdocs, faculty, and staff
Cornell is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), a nationally recognized, independent organization providing online career development and mentoring resources. The NCFDD provides members with access to tools to increase research and writing productivity and improve work-life balance.
Activate your account by following the steps below:
- Go to the NCFDD website
- Under “Select Your Institution,” choose “Cornell University”
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your Cornell email address
- Check your Cornell email account to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email