Register now for spring CIRTL Network courses
~December 13, 2021~
Registration is open for spring courses and workshops from the Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning (CIRTL) Network. Gain skills, knowledge, and experience to be an inclusive and effective educator at the university level. Participation is free for Cornell registrants and alumni up to event registration maximums.
Right now, you can sign up for the following online programming at cirtl.net:
- Research Mentor Training, a 6-week seminar for grad students and postdocs to learn about effective mentoring practices and discuss common mentoring challenges. (Compare to Building Mentorship Skills at Cornell)
- Postdoc Teaching Practicum, a semester-long course with monthly meetings to deepen postdocs’ teaching experience and knowledge. (Apply by January 11, 2022)
- Disrupting Bullying in Graduate School: Strategies and Interventions, a 2-part workshop on creating safe and welcoming learning spaces to disrupt academic bullying.
- Writing an Effective Teaching Philosophy Statement, a 2-part workshop that walks you through drafting and revising your own statement.
- Advancing Learning through Evidence-Based STEM Teaching, an 8-week, asynchronous Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on inclusive, evidence-based strategies. (See all MOOCs)
- How CIRTL Has Impacted My Career, a 4-part drop-in event series featuring CIRTL alumni reflecting on how CIRTL impacted their professional interests and trajectories.
- Imagining Post-PhD Career Possibilities, a 4-part drop-in event series that explores how common grad student experiences can translate into valuable skills and knowledge for post-degree careers
- CIRTL Network Teaching as Research Presentations, CIRTL’s annual presentation session for students who have recently completed a Teaching as Research (TAR) project. (See TAR series)
Cornell is a CIRTL Network institutional member through the Graduate School’s Future Faculty and Academic Careers office and in partnership with the Center for Teaching Innovation. Learn more about CIRTL online programming